Thursday, July 16, 2009

Update on the Hopson house

Sorry I haven't written in so long. I got grounded. Not for being in the Hopsons' house though. Let me go back to the beginning.

I rode my bike what would have taken me 35 steps to the Hopson household. I rang the doorbell at exactly 9:04 on the dot. Mrs. Hopson answered the door and let me inside. I asked her to take me to the last place she saw her ring. She took me to the bathroom and pointed to the counter. She said, "I put my ring right there before I took my shower. I took a fifteen minute shower, or was it 10, anyway. When I got out of the shower, my ring was gone!" I thought this over a few minutes, and then I decided to act it out. I walked out of the bathroom and then back in. On my left was a shower with a clear glass door, but had a texture so you couldn't see through. Next to it was the toilet with a blue fuzzy lid cover. Then, directly in front of you was the counter with two sinks and 8 drawers. First thing I did was "take off" my ring and set it down on the counter. Then I stepped into the shower, but left the door open and didn't turn on the shower. We waited there 15 minutes and nothing happened. "Well, thank you for trying Aly," Mrs. Hopson said sadly, "but I don't think you are going to find it." "But I'm not even finished!" I tried to explain, but Mrs. Hopson cut me off. "I have somewhere to go and so you need to leave. The police will be here tomorrow and they will search." And so that was that. How did I get grounded? I snuck right back into the house after she left of course. Just like any good detective would do. And you know what, she had forgotten her purse, came back to get it, found me, called my mom and got me grounded. I have to go now before Chad, my little brother, catches me on the computer. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment